Monday, March 3, 2008

What's Cookin' Italian Style

After reading my friend, Cindy's blog about what she is cooking for dinner, I have decided to post some of my favorite meals or desserts here. Tonight, with the impending threat of snow (Yay! No ice! Boo, we will be going to school until the cows come home!), I raced to Wally World with all the other idiots out in B-town land who forgot to shop yesterday. I actually had a legit reason for procrastinating on the shopping. I spent the weekend in Southern Arkansas visiting the fertility guru and catching up with an overdue visit to the hubby's family.

Back to the racing to Wally World...So as I am racing down the aisles, knowing that if I don't set a new land speed record for making it around the store at faster than a snails pace with the doom of snow gloom looming (wow, what a rhyme), my car is going to freeze shut and I will be stranded.

As I was looking for frozen strawberries to make pancakes with whip cream, a snow day tradition for us, I spied the most wonderful bagged pasta dish I have ever cooked! If you have never purchased a Bertolli Bagged Pasta Meal, it is soooo worth it. Nine minutes in the pan, a little salad & garlic bread on the side and voila! A Mediterranean style dish without any trouble. We chose the Rosemary Chicken, Linguine, & Cherry Tomatoes version tonight. All I can say is, "Yum-my!"

But for now, Ciao Bella!

Kelly

5 comments:

Kenna Sue said...

Oh, I SO love those. Haven't had one of those meals in ages, though.

I had a thought... You realize, don't you, that you will successfully adopt a wonderful baby, and will discover that the fertility guru was also a success, and along will come another bundle of joy? Big time gut feeling there, Kelly. And I pray that I'm right on the money with it.

Just say no to school in June!!!!

Cynthia Matzat said...

Hope the trip to the doc went ok. As much as I really don't want any more snow days, it's hard not root for the snow day. I think it's just hard wired into us. :-) Hope you enjoyed your pasta.

Shelley said...

Hi! I've been blog hopping tonight. I hopped from Alana's to Kenna Sue to you. I hope you don't mind. I'm a fellow B-towner too! Anyway, I just wanted to say hi, and say that I'm becoming a Curves lover too! I just joined a couple of weeks ago, and so far I'm loving it! The hours fit good with my scheduale, and although I haven't lost any pounds yet, I can tell that I'm tightening up. Keep up the good work!

Alana said...

Love those pasta bags. They are amazing. I've never tried that one, though. I will soon!

Kelly N said...

Hi Shelley,

Glad to meet another B-towner! I just love Alana and am glad to know we share someone loveable in common:)

I am so glad that you love curves! I have really gotten back into it and forgot how much I missed it. I feel so much better about myself and have a lot more energy. Keep it up!