Saturday, September 27, 2008

Buying Diapers...HELP!!!!!

So now that we are on the official Caucasian Infant Waiting List or CIWL as I will refer to it, our social worker says we should start buying baby things as we never know when we will be getting THE CALL.

Gary thinks this means buying all the toys his mom never let him play with because the pieces just might get sucked up in the dreaded vacuum. That means Lego's, tinker toys, K-Nex, etc. I think our priorities are slightly eschewed.

My question to all of you moms out there who have young ones or who have had young ones recently is this: What is a good price for diapers???? Target recently had 192 infant diapers on sale for $29.00. Is this a good buy??? I have absolutely no clue, help!

Lost in baby land,

Kelly

5 comments:

Kara said...

How exciting for you!!! Thanks for stopping at my blog and saying hi. I love meeting other adoptive mommies and mommies-to-be, so it's wonderful to "meet" you. Adoption is a miracle on so many levels and how God forms your little family is kind of humbling and awe-inspiring. I will be excited to watch and hear what God does for you. I have heard of your agency from when we lived in town and I hope that your phone will ring very, very soon because.....you've got to put all those legos and tinker-toys to good use - right? :-) So fun buying baby stuff. Enjoy this season of anticipation! Congrats to you!!! Stop by my blog anytime.

Kara said...

Kelly - How exciting!!! Thanks for stopping by my blog yesterday and saying hi. I love adoption and I love meeting adoptive mommies and mommies-to-be!! Adoption is truly such a miracle and it is so humbling and awe-inspiring to watch God form your family together in such an amazing way. I am hoping your phone will ring very, very soon because ya know...you've got to put all those legos and tinker toys to good use! :-) Enjoy this season of anticipation. Congrats to you and your expanding family!! Feel free to stop by and say hi (or ask questions) at any time!

Anonymous said...

I am so.... excited for you!!!!!!! When you get "the call" let me know! I want to see pictures of him/ her. Oh yeah. My mom says that she doesn't know what a good price for diapers is, because she hasn't had baby in so long. ha ha ha! But she says that you might want to start stalking up now, if yeah know what i mean. ha ha!! We are very excited, and can't wait till he/ she gets here!

Kenna Sue said...

I have no idea on the price of diapers. I would think Wal-Mart would be cheaper. I remember K-Mart would always have sales on diapers back in the day that I actually had to buy them. I'm so excited you have to buy stuff! Yay!

Alana said...

I don't even know anymore and I'm not that far removed from them! My favorite cheaper brand was Luvs, though. FYI!