Friday, August 22, 2008

First Day Jitters

I am always a basket case right before heading back to school for a new year. I can't sleep, and when I do, I have the strangest dreams like going surfing with the new PE teacher! When was the last time I had the chance to surf in B-town?????? This year though, I somehow managed to get a full night of sleep the evening before. Maybe it is God telling me I need all the rest I can get because I am going to need it this year, or maybe I am just getting used to teaching after 9 years of first days. Whichever the case, I did survive the first day and from the looks of it, have a pretty sweet class. Who knows, they could turn out to be like that cute little monkey on Night at the Museum and turn into holy terrors today!

2 comments:

Kenna Sue said...

Only 178 more days of school until summer vacation. Woohoo!!!!

Alana said...

I hope the first couple of days went well despite the crazy dreams ;-)