Saturday, February 2, 2008

On the road to happiness...

"If you want to be happy, set a goal that commands your thoughts, liberates your energy, and inspires your hopes." - Andrew Carnegie

Ok, so I have jumped into the blogosphere for myself. I already have a blog I use with my 6th graders, and they love it. I just have had no personal time to create one for myself until now. I have spent the last two glorious days enjoying some much needed snow days. They are my favorite unofficial holidays as any teacher knows. It has given me the chance to ponder about life, weight loss, love, weight loss, friends, weight loss and finally, weight loss. Or, in my case, it is acutally weight gain that I am pondering right now as I just got off the eliptical, huffing and puffing after 20 of the longest minutes of my life. Why have I done this to myself??????

So, as I was setting up my igoogle homepage, I came across an inspirational quotes and pictures widget with the above quote and knew it was time to start the blog! Susie will be thrilled that she has another blogging buddy!

I ask myself, "Why now?" Well, the quote says it all...I want to be happy. Not that I am not a happy person, but I am a very stressed out, dedicated to my job and nothing else person who really needs to start focusing on me, my family and the body that God has so kindly lent to me. I don't want to end up at the pearly gates one day and have God ask me what I have done with this body he gave me and have nothing good to say. So, here I am, a rambling fool, laying it all out there. You are going to get the good, the bad, and the ugly, but hopefully, I am on the right road to happiness. Will you join me in this trek?

random ponderings and happy wishes...

Kelly

1 comments:

Kenna Sue said...

Yay!!! I'm so glad you're blogging. I haven't blogged in a while, so I'd best get to it. Here's to weight loss... I had an omelet this morning. Woohoo! See you at the movies!