Saturday, February 16, 2008

Summer Vacation

I know summer vacation is still 68 school days away, +/- heaven forbid, any more snow days thrown in, but on a nasty, rainy day like today, I can't help but dream of a far away locale. This place is like mecca to me: all sun, hot sweaty guys running around, the best food in the world, ice cold drinks, and all for less than $100.00 a person per day. What is this dreamland, you are asking???? Drumroll please....Turner Field, the home of the Atlanta Braves! I am sure Susie is dying in her seat right now.

Baseball season is my favorite time of year. I know it is dangerous to live in Cardinal Country and root for the Braves, but it all goes back to my little brothers playing on the Atlanta Braves' little league team back in the early 80's. We just became instant Braves fans and have seen them through the good, the bad, and the really ugly.

Well, this is probably the final year for my favorite player and future hall of fame pitcher, Tom Glavine. He is just so leveled headed in a game of cry babies and spoiled brats. He was once part of the Braves' Young Guns' Starting Rotation, a force to be reconned with back in the early 90's. Traded to the Mets a few years back, he is back with the best for one last glorious season. Lucky for me, I married a fellow Braves fan. After digging on the internet for the 2008 schedule, we found that they will be playing our illustrious Cardinals for one three game homestand in June. How can we pass it up I said to dear hubby???

Hopefully, my dream will come true, and we will be road trippin' it to Hot'lanta in June. Ballpark hotdogs, humidity up the wazzu, and enough tomahawk chopping to last a lifetime! Atlanta, here we come!

3 comments:

Alana said...

Hey Kelly! Welcome to blog world!

I've been to Turner Field before! I'm not a big sport fan in general (except for the sports my boys play), but Rich is a fan of the Braves.

I've very excited for you as you start the adoption process. I'll be praying for you guys as you start this journey!

Alana said...

Kelly, I put you on my blogroll. Let me know if you do not want to be on it, K?

Kenna Sue said...

Okay, I've picked myself up off the floor. Even though I'm a die-hard Cardinals fan, I can rise above the conflict and still be friends with a Braves fan. Seriously, have you thought about medication? Heh. Just kidding! I'm hoping to see some Cardinals action this year. It's my goal to take the kids to STL for a game. Perhaps we'll even venture to KC again when the Cardinals play there. You and Gary should go and wear your Braves attire!