Friday, July 11, 2008

Exercise Woes

This summer, I decided that exercise was going to be a priority in my life. I am not going anywhere, have few obligations and no excuses. Besides, if Gladys, my 83 year old workout buddy at Curves can be ready to hit her 1000 workout, I have absolutely NO excuses. So, I dusted off the elliptical and my Curves membership, put on workout wear (no spandex here girls) and hit the fitness trail. My exercise regime has consisted of not only the above mentioned modes for working up a sweat, but biking here (B-towners, did you know you can get an annual pass for $45)and walking the pooch and myself around more than just the block. Sooooo, why when I stepped on the scale yesterday had I gained 4 pounds?!?! The numbers are supposed to go down, not up! I know, you will all tell me I have gained muscle and not fat (blah, blah, blah), but my brain says, "Who cares" if the numbers don't show it! We are a society driven by the numbers, and I don't like what I saw. I figured with my recent bout with food poisoning, I would have purged enough to show some weight loss, but alas, no.

I am not giving up though. Everyone says it takes 21 days to make or break a habit, and I am now officially addicted to endorphins! Besides, Sadie, the best pooch ever, is loving her mommy's new found addiction. Now, if I can just get up the courage to go have my physical done for our adoption, life will be grand. I am just afraid the doc is going to say that I am suffering from Death by Chocolate! But that is another hurdle to jump...

2 comments:

Shelley said...

Hi Kelly! Thanks for the comment on my blog. Yes, it's amazing how much I need all those baby gates! I can't wait to read more about your adoption journey, what an exciting time! Oh, and I too am dieting and exercising this summer. Not fun. But results are happening, and for that I am happy. Alana and I are going to Curves, maybe we'll see you there some time!

Alana said...

Hey Kelly! I feel your pain with this. I've been going to Curves for 3 months now and am just now starting to see some results. Honestly, I'm not sure if it is because of Curves or that I'm starving myself on The Big D. Ho hum. I figure eventually my metabolism will come back to life again...right? Don't give up, friend!

On a side note, are you liking The Other Boleyn Girl? I've read it and really enjoyed it!