Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Tales of a Non-scrapbooker

Help! So, hubby and I have made it through the home study portion of our adoption. Super Cleaning Woman came out for apparently no reason other than to hear, "Is your entertainment center always so dust free?" I almost died of laughter at that one being a pet owner who has to dust and vacuum religiously! Although, hubby and I do have an arrangement made with our marriage vows. He will dust the house (job I loathe) if he never has to clean a toilet 'til death do us part. "I do!" So, I know that on toilet cleaning days, which I think I have OCD in this area, at least the dust bunnies will be rounded up and the spiders will have to build new homes.

Now to the real reason I screamed help at the beginning of this gibberish, we now have to make an album so that the agency can basically sell us to the birth moms. I am panicked never having scrapbooked in my life! I have told friends, when invited to their scrapbooking parties, that I will come to a party when I have kids. Who needs to scrapbook just yourself???? Now, I am at that point and have no abilities to turn paper into anything looking remotely cute. So, I am calling in reinforcements. Does anyone know if you can print pages from Smilebox? If so, I am technically savvy enough to handle that, I think... Also, any tips on just scrapbooking would be greatly appreciated as some of my pictures obviously predate the digital age of the camera, cue the dinosaurs. Thanks in advance as we are now one step closer to having our baby hopes and dreams realized!

Kelly

2 comments:

Alana said...

You need to do a digital Scrapbook. I just sent you a link for a great deal at Winkflash right now. Also, Shutterfly is a good site. And if you have a MAC you can make a digital scrapbook with iPhoto.

I'm so not a scrapbooker either, but I think I could handle the digital kind!

Shelley said...

I don't know what Smilebox is, but this is what I would advise...You can have a photo book printed for you at Shutterfly.com or Snapfish.com. They are awesome! It's kind of like a scrapbook, you can journal with your pictures, pick out cute background pages, and play with your layout. But no cutting and gluing required! You could just upload the pics you want to use, and for older pics you could scan them into your computer (or if you don't have a scanner, have someone else do it and put them on a disc for you), and then upload them. I like shutterfly the best. We did this for Christmas presents for Grandparents last year, and it was a HUGE hit. And it arrived in about a week. And honestly, as an avid scrapbooker, I think it's cheaper than buying all the supplies to scrapbook with. Of course, if you're wanting to start scrapbooking, this could be the perfect opportunity to start!

Okay, sorry for hijacking your comments!